The truth of the matter is that none of us are immortal and that death is the counterpart to birth for as surely as we are born so will we all eventually die for this is a natural process. Through appropriate education, and support choices can be made and much unnecessary fear may be allayed.
In today’s society in the west
- 9 out of 10 people will never share with anyone their end of life choices
- 45% will die without a will
- 70% of people express a wish to die at home, though only 14% get to do so.
After a generation or so of handing over the end of life process to strangers, many are now resuming open dialogue around the end of life topic once again. Often with the intention to establish clear communication with their family, carers, or community in regard to their choices as their life draws to a close.
The Hero’s Path – Ageing R-Evolution Program
Objective: This program offers the opportunity for elderly participants and those with declining health issues to come together in a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental space to explore and be heard about their end of life health care and transition options. Inclusive of family and carers.
- This four-week series has been designed to be repeated monthly to allow participants to have their concerns addressed.
- Each 1.5-hour session encourages engagement so that participants realize that they are not alone in their concerns and that support is here for them.
- The sessions include educational and appropriate visual resources, group discussion, and the time and space for questions.
- Refreshments will be served with kindness and lightness of heart and each session will also include a simple relaxation/meditation segment specifically designed to address stress and encourage inner peace.
Four Weekly topics:
Week 1. Exploring the client’s view on death & dying while offering the potential to view one’s life with more compassion and kindness. Each life has meaning and value.
Week 2. Education of the available legal choices – Government Advance Health Directive, the Power of Attorney, and the Power of Guardianship are discussed. Including a short video from the government Health website
Week 3. Courageous Conversations with Family – is support needed? Learning about appropriate and self-loving boundaries. Deepening Self-acceptance toward inner peace
Week 4. Your legacy – Become an Elder rather than elderly. Encouragement to continue active engagement in the community
You are warmly invited to join us to discover the Wisdom Heart within you.
Wisdom Heart has been created to support this step. We facilitate free talks within community groups, webinars, workshops, individual and group mentoring dedicated to rediscovering and illuminating the Wisdom Heart within each of us, for it is time.
Contact Lorraine Town 0408 379 703 to discuss how this program may inspire you or your group, to explore the value and wisdom that your life holds.